Hexiansheng Cat Climb Trees Three layer cat platform Rope cat toy Cat Scratch Cat Scratch Board cat Nest 35 35 70cm
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
ATPWONZ Cat Catch LED Pointer Pen Light Cat Training Toy Tool (pack of 3)
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including KTYX Dog Cat Bowl Cute Cartoon Ceramic Bowl orange Pet Bowl Pet Bowl, baby adoption in the US, (Medium, Sherpa Espresso) Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Deluxe Pillow Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats Styles, foster care adoption, Happy Dog Supreme Fit & Well Light – Calorie Control Delicious premium nutrition for adult dogs, with just 7% fat and ideal for those with excess weight 12.5kg (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our Green 60×75cm Green 60×75cm X-CWW Pet Mat, Large Dog Kennel Cat House Removable And Washable Pet Nest Wear-resistant Bite Pet Bed (color GREEN, Size 60×75cm). We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- Lex & Max RECTANGLE RAW UNI 100X70 SAND
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- Buckle-Down Seatbelt Buckle Dog Collar Multi Smoking Monkey Argyle Brown 1.5 Wide Fits 18-32 Neck Large
- 1Pc L, Dark bluee Star Pattern Woolen Pet Teddy Knitted Winter Warm Hoodie Sweater Coat Clothes Apparel Costume
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- bluee S bluee S GHH Pet Travel Bag Pet Carrier Backpack Outdoor Travel Single Shoulder Bag Carrier Hiking Mesh Comfortable Breathable bluee
- BLACKWATCH PLAID 78\ BLACKWATCH PLAID 78\ Weatherbeeta Cotton Show Sheet
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- KESS InHouse EBI Emporium Fervor 4 Magenta Abstract Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- 60-80 US Gallons Marina CF80 Canister Filter for Aquariums
- Adoption Therapy
- DIYthinker Japanese Chrysanthemum and Temple Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- (Medium-Front and Rear Splint and Bell, Black gold) Horse Medium Professiona Equine Sports Medicine Boots 4142-57
B 54.539 cm B 54.539 cm Yuan Pet toilet Pet Toilet Dog Supplies Dog Urinal Easy To Clean Shit Bedpan Cat Litter Small And Medium Sized Dogs Pet Supplies pet-diapers (color B, Size 54.5 39 cm)
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, Coffee L Coffee L Aksautoparts Soft Indoor Dog Or Cat Winter Pet Paw House Bed Mat (L, Coffee), Feeding Wild Birds Seed Container Bird Feeder Tube Tube Plastic Feeder Transparent Feeder, A L 7056 A L 7056 Gwanna Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Waterproof Pet Supplies Dog large cushion rectangular outdoor pet Waterproof Cloth Soft Pad for Pets Sleeping (color A, Size L 70 56), endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- Ware Manufacturing Small Animal Play House by Ware
- Beige LMUMUCW Pet Teepee, Removable and Washable Dog Bed Pet Play House for Dog Cat Pet with Cushion Gypsophila (color Beige, Size L)
- CC Dog Mouth Cover Duck Mouth Muzzle Anti Bite Anti Called Comfy Flexible Silicone with Adjustable Strap Muzzle for Predection Dog(L) Yellow
- CXka Folding Pet Bag Travel Tour Bag Cat Dog VIP Teddy Backpack Out Pet Backpack, Easy to Carry
- DUHUI Dog kennel, mediumsized dog pet nest winter warm anddetachable dog house pet supplies (color PINK, Size 60 50 15cm)
- Grriggles Rubber Chompy Romper Dog Bone, Green by Grriggles
- GZDXHN Dog House Small And Medium Dog Mat Folding NonSlip Round Cat House Four Seasons Universal Pet Nest E
- Kennel Removable and Washable Dog Bed Teddy golden Retriever Pet Nest Sofa Mattress Dog Supplies (color Beige, Size S)
- Majestic Pet Yellow Links Small Rectangle Indoor Outdoor Pet Dog Bed With Removable Washable Cover By Products
- Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack, Adjustable HandsFree Comfort Pet Cat Dog Carrier Backpack Travel Bag Tote with Padding Straps Mesh Windows, EasyFit for Traveling Hiking Camping Outdoor Use, Black
- PET LIFE 'American Classic' Designer Fashion Plush Cotton Pet Dog Hooded Sweater Hoodie, Medium, Pink
- Black Miniature Poodle Coat Care Grooming Kit FREE BONUS
- Real Leather Dog Cage Basket Muzzle Black Small Breeds (Circumf.6.75 ; Snout 2.5 )
- Electric Mosquito Killer Lamp Silent Mosquito Killer Insect Trap Electric Fly Trap Light Insect Repellent from Mosquitoes White
- Fish Tank Artificial Flower Bouquet Ornament Aquarium Plant 2 Pcs Pink Green
- Dog Toy Ball,Teddy Bichon Puppy Elastic Ball Biting Resistance Molar Granule Solid TPR Waterproof Massage Teeth Training
- 60x60x77cm GZDXHN Dog House Teddy Bear Pet Nest Thick Dog Tent Small And Medium Dog Cage Dog Kennel
- 7\ KESS InHouse Ebi Emporium Strokes of Genius 7, 7
- Peanuts Snoopy Comic Ceramic Dog Food Bowl Good Grief by Gibson
- Animal Treasures LBW-0812 Birdie Crazy Creation Bird Toys
- Black Small Black Small DARONGFENG Reflective Dog Leash,Mountain Climbing Nylon Rope Lead,Sturdy Heavy Duty Dog Training Leash for Large and Medium Dogs Walking Leads
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- KESS InHouse Sylvia Coomes Bird Silhouette Teal Black Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- Comfortable and Warm Dual Use Pet Cooling Sleeping Mat 2 in 1 Pet Mat,Dog Cats Puppy Cooling Pad Cushion Cold Bed Bamboo Mat(Purple,2L)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Farm Innovators Inc FIIFS1 Four Season Heated Bird Bath Black Granite
- Kess InHouse Rebecca Fischer Rory Fleece Dog Bed, 50 by 60 , Multicolor
- 12 PCS Foam FidgetGear Foam Fine Filter Media Pad Fit for Hydor Professional Canister Filter 450 600 12 PCS Foam
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- bluee Small bluee Small Pet Bed Beds FS-524 Camouflage Style Cats and Kennels Pet Bed Pet Mat Four Seasons Universal Waterproof and Moistureproof (color bluee, Size Small)
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- Kess InHouse Mandie Manzano In the arms of the Angel Fleece Dog Bed, 50 by 60 , Multicolor
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- DIYthinker Lotus Leaf Lotus Flower River Flower Plant Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
AMERICAN DISTRIBUTION MFG CO Dog Toy, Bumpy Ball, 5.5-In. orange & nfesga2843-Balls
A Large A Large Four Seasons Universal Dog Bed, Washable Pet Supplies Small Cat House Super Soft Cotton Mats Small Medium and Large Dogs Sofa,A,L
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. HelloKitty Pet Carrier Sling Bag Small Pet Carrier Cat Carrier Pet Handbag Satchel Small Pet Portable Pet Carrier Universe Package,Hellokitty, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
16ftleash Retractable Dog Leash, Heavy Duty 16 26 ft Strong Nylon Tape Ribbon Dog Walking Leash Comfortable Grip One Button Brake & Lock Dog Leash,16ftleash
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Davis 454g TheraCoat for Pets by Davis, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
60X60cm DIYthinker Russia Open to The World Flag Map Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Round Bathroom Living Room Kitchen Door 60 50Cm Gift
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
blueered M blueered M Zuwl(TM) Dog Training Potty Door Bells Housetraining and Communicate With Your Dog
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive Black Pet Pulley Bag Pet Bag Detachable Pulley & Large Capacity & Collapsible & Three Sides Mesh Breathable Dog Outing Travel Bag Cat Bag (color Black) allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
KESS InHouse Afe Images Modern Plaid Pattern Teal Green Illustration Dog Bed, 30 x 40
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about Free Shipping Cat Toy Pets Products Kitten Toys with Moving Mouse Inside Roped Funny Faux Mouse Play Toys for Kids & Cat.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- bluee Tuff Kitty Puff Sparkle Ball Cat Wand (bluee) (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Havana (Choco Brown) Horse (Full) Havana (Choco Brown) Horse (Full) Exion Fancy Square Raised Leather Bridle with PP Rubber Grip Reins and White Leather Piping and Stainless Steel Buckles Equestrian Show Jumping Padded Bridle Set Havana Full
bluee MINI bluee MINI Car Kennel 600D Oxford Cloth Portable Foldable Pet Tent Cat and Dog Delivery Room Pet Fence
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- 4L-135.28Oz Espana Silk ESP0325DC Specially Formulated Silk Pro Whitening and Brightening Shampoo for Dogs and Cats, 135.28-Ounce
- Almo Nature Holistic Dog Food – Medium Adult Beef & Rice Complete dry food for medium breeds of adult dogs 12kg
- KESS InHouse Robin Dickinson The Dream bluee Green Photography Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- KESS InHouse Chelsea Victoria Confetti black Black gold Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- 72\ Turnout 1680D Horse Winter Waterproof with Neck Cover Horse Blanket 001 Size from 69 to 83 (72 )
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- A 8060cm A 8060cm Pet Bed Plush Deluxe Soft Comfy Washable Cat Dog Bed Waterloo Removable Cushion CHENGYI (color A, Size 80 60cm)
- ALEKO TS-TC018 Rechargeable & Waterproof Dog Training Collar for Pets
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Jonathan David Lightning 8.5 Set
100% Effective Electric Fly Trap Device Insect Catcher Fly Trap Device Pest Control Products Household Mosquitoes Killers White
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- BioBubble Origins Series Ficus Root Horizontal Ornament, Medium
- 22 lb. Bag Purina ONE Indoor Advantage Adult Premium Cat Food
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- Buckle-Down MGC-W30853-M Hibiscus Neon Pink White Martingale Dog Collar, Medium
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- 10 Kg ANF Kitten Food TamiAmi 10 Kg
- Indiana Pacers X-Large Indiana Pacers X-Large NBA Indiana Pacers Dog Jersey, X-Large Tank Top Basketball Pet Jersey
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
Heritage 19160P Straight Pet Grooming Shear, 6-Inch
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- Dean & Tyler 34 to 47-Inch Predection Dog Pet Harness with Padded Reflective Chest Straps, Large, orange Black
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- A Guinea Pig Cage, Felt Cat House Travel Nest Foldable Portable Deformable Pet Sleeping Dog Bed Bag Pet Carrier Handbag Dog Kennel,A
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- Black L black L DENTRUN Hairless Cats Hooded Cotton Jacket Cat Coat Cat Designer Winter Warm Clothes, Coat Best Hairless Cat's Adorable Clothes Cat's Pajamas Jumpsuit Cat
- DIYthinker Cute Fat Rabbits Animal Portrait Sketch Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm GiftOptions
Galapagos 56903 Woven Bird Feeder, 9.5 , Sparrow
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Kennel dog bed pet supplies milk portable milk dog ward newborn dog crib, Coping with Infertility, and Ellie-Bo Waterproof Memory Foam Orthopaedic Dog Bed for Cage Crate, 2X-Large, 48-Inch, Brown.
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
10M 33Ft Pet Dog Tie Out Stake Cable,Lightweight Dog Camping Outdoor Stake & Tie-Out Cable for Medium Large Pet Dogs (10M 32.8ft)
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
Brown XL Brown XL Xingganglengyin Kennel, Small Medium-sized Dog Cat Litter, Four Seasons Universal, Pet Kennel Mattress, Four Seasons Universal, 3 Piece Set, Black, Brown, bluee (color Brown, Size XL)
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
1 2\ Weaver Leather Working Cowboy Split Rein
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Beige C Beige C Pet Nest Four Seasons Bite Medium Small Pet Bed (color Beige, Size C)
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff