ArtDog Ltd. Afghan Hound, urn for dog’s ashes with relief and sentence with your dog name and date
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
5000 SISHUINIANHUA Water Pump Variable Flow DC Aquarium Pump Submerge Pump Marine Freshwater Controllable Pump Fish Tank,5000
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including Barkworthies BARKAUSSGEKANGMC Kangaroo Sausage Mini Case, baby adoption in the US, Chocolate Rogz Utility Small 3 8 Nitelife Adjustable Reflective Dog HHarness, Pink, foster care adoption, BuckleDown DL6FTWPR012 Dog Leash, Diamond Red Ranger, 6' (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our C MPet Belt Polyester NonRetractable Reflective Dog Leash Round Rope Carabiner Dog Chain 180 cm (color A, Size M). We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- Agrifence Megarope Premium Rope For Equestrian & Livestock Fencing High Visibility 200m
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- 110x95x20cm WWSSXX Large Dog Bed Sofa Dog Cat Pet Cushion For Large Dogs Washable Nest Litter Cat Puppy Doormat Kennel Pet House Home
- 5PACK Aquarium Decorations Glowing Effect Coral Ornaments Fish Tank Artificial Plant Ornament Landscape Diverse colors EcoFriendly for Freshwater Saltwater
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- Abbfabb Supporting Belly Strap (Large)
- bluee LITING Wo Cat Cat House House Personality Creative Cat Litter Pig Type Solid Wood Dualuse Stool Nest (color bluee)
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- 4 Doggy Tennis Balls. Dog Fetch Balls. Puppy Toy Balls. Add to Dog Squeaky & Chew Pet Toys
- (2 Pack) Our Pets Durapet Stainless Steel Dog Bowls 1.75 Quarts
- Adoption Therapy
- 65cm BEDS Dogs Furniture bluee rectangular pet Four Seasons washable cotton wool Nesting dog hole Pet cat and dog (Size 65cm)
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- AQUARISTIKWELT24 7264 Aquarium Root 78 x 25 x 66 cm XXL Wood Decoration
420D Horse Light Winter Ripstop Sheet with Gusset 7101
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, 6 LargeDeluxe Pet Bed for Cats and Small Medium Dogs with Soft Cushion Round or Donut Cat Nest Bed,004,M, Bucas Recuptex Therapy Rug 5ft3 Navy orange, B shanzhizui kennel Removable and washable Cat nest Small dog yurt Closed type Pet tent room, B, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- Red Light Weight Dog Stroller Foldable Portable Medium and Small Dogs Front Wheel 360° redation Cart Perfect Pet Travel,Red
- Wahl 58162 Pet Pro Combo Kit Deluxe Series
- Aida Bz Pet Bag Out Portable Dog Backpack Cat Bag Dog Bag Out Cat Cage Bag Cat Takeaway Travel Goods,Brass
- BuckleDown Plastic Clip Collar Tokyo Subway 1.5 Wide Fits 1318 Neck Small
- CuteNFuzzy Step in Dog Harness, Pink, Large
- DSADDSD Pet Supplies Kennel Washable Comfortable Pet Cat Litter Soft Washable Basket Bed (color A, Size M)
- Grey WSNH888 Foldable Pet Carrier Pet Backpack Airline Approved Oxford Cloth Linen Single Shoulder HandHeld Breathable Portable Dog Bag Cat Cage,47 26 30 Cm
- Hands Free Dog Running Leash with Free Collapsible Silicone BPA Free Dog Bowl for Walking Jogging Hiking Bonus Bundle Premium Quality
- KESS InHouse Alison Coxon Giverny Pink Teal Peach Pet Bowl, 7
- Linen MPet Nest, Beveled Letter, Embroidered Square, Removable And Washable Small Dog's Nest, Granular Blended Cloth, Four Seasons Universal
- MZP Dog Clippers 8 Piece Set 5Speed Pet Clippers Rechargeable Cordless Pet Grooming Clippers 3.7w Motor HighPerformance Battery 4 H Work Time Detachable Blade Quiet Cleaning Brush
- Pet Lou EZ Squeakers Pet Toy, Skunk, 11Inch
- Rattan Kennel Summer Cool Breathable Pet Nest Dog House Cat Litter Teddy Bear Dog Bed Four Seasons Universal Removable Washable (color B, Size 1)
- 60X60cm DIYthinker Denmark National Flag Europe Country Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Round Bathroom Living Room Kitchen Door 60 50Cm Gift
- blueebird Bunkhouse Bird House in White Finish
- 1Pc Pet Puppy Dog Bone Pattern Pendant Rhinestone Inlaid Necklace Neck Chain White
- blueemax Italian Synthetic Turtle Shell Print Dog Collar with Paw Stud, 3 4Inch by 12Inch, orange
- AntiScratch Dog Training Bite Sleeves Safe and Durable Pet Bite Pillow Breathable Cotton Lining Fit for Pitbull German Shepherd Puppy Biting Playing,Black
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Challenger Horsewear 76 Horse Fly Sheet Summer Spring Airflow Mesh UV orange 7309
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- CL Pet Bag Easy To Clean Portable Pet Backpack Two colors Optional 300X300X490mm Pet bag (color B)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- BOMBERS BIT blueE DC MORGAN SWIVEL (150mm)
- Andis CeramicEdge CarbonInfused Steel Pet Clipper Blade, Size4FC, 3 8Inch Cut Length (64295)
- Brown Leather pet Backpack Space Out Portable cat Shoulder Bag Breathable Dog Bag,32 22 40cm,Pink
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- AquaSupreme Air Pump 8 Watt 4 Air Outlets
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- Bessie and Barnie Signature Air Comfort Mesh Luxury Black Doggie Dials Red Pet Dog Durable Adjustable Harness (Multiple Sizes)
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- Brown UltraSoft Warm Pet Bed Kennel Cat Litter Mat Pet Nest Shell Type with Round Nest Small Dog Teddy (color Brown)
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
Xtreme gph Submersible Water Pump C.A.P. 800 nfbedo1789-New pet supplies
All Star Dogs Boise State Broncos Polar Fleece Hooded Dog Jacket, Large
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. BEITAI Large Durable Resin Dog Flat Toilet Safe Mudah Dog Toilet Resistant Bite De Veiligheid Van De Dogs Tools Pets Products (color Pink, Size M), the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
Cat Litter Kit, Stylish Way to Have Your Scoop Stored Abs Material Large Cat Toilet Cleaning Supplies
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Baoblaze Equestrian Training Gear Adjustable Durable Nylon Surcingle Lunge Roller, how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Aquael Aquatics 115089 Multi Kani 800 Filter
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
Cat Litter Filter Pad,Kitty Pet Placemat, Honeycomb Double Layer Filter Mat,Washable Feeding Mat, Cat Head Shape
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive Cl Pureflo Filter Pad 50 Micron 36x24 allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
Auburn Leathercraft Sleigh Bell Strap RED
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about BuckleDown DL6FTW31843 Polka Dots Stacked Black bluee Sage Brown Dog Leash, 6'.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- 4 Piece Set Hamster Seesaw Toy Pet Dwarf Gerbil Toys Wood Seesaw Small Animal Villa Sports Slip Toy Suitable for Small Animal Entertainment (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Angel Pet Supplies 24041 Leather Dog Harness (Malibu Classic). Small, Chocolate Brown
70×58×25cm Pet Dog Bed For Dogs & Cats, Indoor Pet Houses Comfortable Dog Bed Removable and Washable Pet Nest bluee (Size 70×58×25cm)
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- AALIJIN Pet grooming dog hair clipper to the puppy professional pet shaved dog hair electric hair clipper shaving large dog hairy artifact
- Beeztees Bird Cage Natalia 1, 40 x 25 x 35 cm, Black
- B LBTSQSeason Universal Cat'S Nest SemiClosed Dog'S Nest BiteProof Washable Small Dog Dog House Dog Bed Cat House Pet Nest Pet Supplies
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- Cartridge 10000948 [Set of 2] Size Medium 3 Pack
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- CHELIZI Cat rope Walking Cat rope Vest type cat rope dog chain cat traction rope Pet escapes break free of chest strap
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- 2 XL(11075cm)Pet Bed Sofa House for Dog Cat, Durable, Available in All Seasons, Large, 3 Size Optional
- CFHJN HOME Solid color Breathable Pet Dog Cat Rest Blanket Foldable Cushion Soft Warm Flannel Sleep Mat(Coffee) Pet Bed Blanket
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Animals Favorite Pet Bed Stairs, 3 Steps Ladder for Small Dogs and Cats, Portable, Supports up to 20 lbs (Pet Steps)
30 by 40\ Kess InHouse Suzanne Carter Butterfly Polka Teal Multicolor Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- BACOENG 8W 158GPH 600L H 110V Submersible Fountain Water Pump Aquarium Hydroponic Pond US Plug
- 8haowenju Plush Toys, Cute Plush Toy Pigs, Doll Sleeping Pillows, Birthday Gifts Festival Gifts, Pig Year Mascots, Annual Gifts, Multiple colors and Sizes, Best Gifts Latest Models
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- 1001XS Dog Leash, Adjustable Pet Chest Strap with Traction Small Dog, Dog Leash, Comfortable Feel (color 1004M)
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- 12v DC Large Flow Dosing Pump Peristaltic Pump for Vacuum Aquarium Lab Analytical(304 stainless steel roller)
- 2800W Pet Grooming Hair Dryer Dog Cat Pet Hairdryers Dog Cat Grooming Fur Blaster Low Noise Dryer Blaster with 2 Speed Adjustable(Pink)
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
24 Mini Sneaker Bird Toy Parred Craft Cage Craft Toys Cages Small Dog,cat Pet Cockatiel,african Grey,cockatoo
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- 1 YQQY Pet Carrier Cat Dog Traveling Backpack Portable Space Capsule Design Bubble Backpack Breathable Mesh Window Outdoor Pet Backpack
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- BuckleDown DL6FTWLTWC002 Dog Leash, Wile E. Coyote Expressions Black, 6'
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- 2in1 Cat Bed Cat Condo Cat House Cat Cube with Thick Organic Cotton for Cat Puppy Small Animals Chocolate Kennel,XS
- Bermuda Filter Force 10000 Filter Pond PumpOptions
AJ Tack Wholesale Large Horse Stable Hay Bag Tote Front Divider Top Load Heavy Duty Canvas
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as Annamaet Grain Free Lean Reduced Fat Formula Dog Food (5lb), Coping with Infertility, and BiuTeFang Pet Bolster Dog Bed Comfort Four Seasons General Dog kennel Cat Pet Nest.
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
46cm US plug Pukido 16CM 31CM 46CM 5050 RGB Air Bubble Lamp LED Aquarium Fish Tank Light Submersible Light Making Oxygen for Fish Remote Control (color 31cm EU Plug)
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
CHUNXU Pets Products for Puppies Pet Bed for Animals Dog Beds for Large Dogs Cat House Dog Bed Mat Cat Sofa Supplies,Grey Stripe,L 65x55x18cm
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
A L502529 cmPet Bag TCFCWB Large Space Hiking Capsule Pet Dog Carrier Bag Breathable Light Cat Puppy Travel Carrier Vector Soft Doublesided Portable Airline Approved Pet Strap Shoulder Bag
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
BelleAckerman Swaddle Blanket，Christmas,bluee Vintage Car Dog Driving with Santa Costume Cute Bird Tree and Gift Present,White Multi,Lightweight Extra Soft Skin Fabric，Not Allergic 35 x60
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff