Arabian Horse, memorial, urn for horse's ashes, with horse statue, ArtDog
We began in 2007 because we saw a need for accurate information online about infertility, infertility grief, moving to adoption from infertility, and all types of adoption options. We also have a large and active online support group. Creating a Family Facebook Support Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/creatingafamily/) It’s a closed Facebook group so that only those in the group can see the posts.
Creating a Family provides extensive resources on all types of adoption and all aspects of infertility (medical and emotional).
Lime Patent 1 2-Inch Lime Patent 1 2-Inch Hartman & pink Georgia pink Dog Lead, 1 2-Inch, Lime Patent
Adoption is a wonderful way to create your family. Creating a Family covers all adoption options, including Large 30\ Kess InHouse Catherine McDonald Nest Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40-Inch, baby adoption in the US, B 353532cm B 353532cm Pet nest cat litter cat sleeping bag four seasons universal cat house cat house small dog kennel pet supplies winter warm35 35 32cm, foster care adoption, D L D L WANGXIAOLIN Dog Bed, Kennel, Small and Medium Sized Doghouses, Pet Beds, Cat Nest, Cat House, Washable, Four Seasons Universal (color D, Size L) (sometimes known as embryo adoption). Check out our Alfie Pet Fabio Basking Platform for Turtles, Frogs, Newts and Salamanders Size Small. We also strongly believe that education and support should not end once the adoption is finalized. Post adoption education and support are crucial for adoptive families and adopted kids to thrive. Creating a Family has an extensive post adoption education and support section.
Creating a Family, the national adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources on the following adoption topics in our Adoption Resource Guide:
- KESS InHouse Sylvia Coomes Full Moon Brown Nature Dog Place Mat, 13 x 18
- Adoption Scam / Adoption Fraud
- bluee l bluee l Advance Pet Products Nanotex Dog Coats, 20-Inch, bluee
- Buckle-Down DC-WDY232-WL DYGA Snowflakes Frozen Art Collection bluees White Dog Collar, WIDE-Large 18-32
- Parenting Adopted Children with Challenging Behavior
- Kess InHouse Emma Frances Evergreen Wreaths Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40-Inch
- Camouflage EDYUCGA Pet Trolley Cases Cats And Dogs Out Portable Backpacks Portable Cage Travel Boxes,Camouflage
- Open Adoption
- Attachment Issues with Adoption
- 40×80×40cm Pet Stairs BSNOWF Step Stool for Dogs to Get Up On Bed 4 Step Sponge For Bedroom Living Room (Size 40×80×40cm)
- Buckle-Down 13-18 Rhombus Split Cream Black Dog Collar Bone, Wide Small
- Adoption Therapy
- Kess InHouse Iris Lehnhardt Seize the Day Fleece Dog Bed, 50 by 60 , Pink Purple
- Adoption and the LGBT Community
- Single Parents
- Dog Toy Dog Bite-Resistant Pet Toy Vocal Ball golden Retriever Teddy Large and Medium-Sized Dog Vocal Molars Dog Training Supplies 6 Sets (Random color) pet Toy
Large Pet Dog Comb Fine Teeth Stainless Steel Needle Cat Dog Pet Metal Massaging Grooming Comb,L
There is much misinformation online for those trying to conceive or those who are infertile. Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, provides an Infertility Resource Guide, provided medically accurate information on all aspects of infertility, including: female infertility, Brown M Brown M Veredus Pro Jump Fetlock Boots Black Or Brown Med Or Lg, Chrome Plate Alvalley Snake Show Chain for Dogs Thickness 5,5 mm x 26 in, 23 liters Supermask Fly Mask Foal Assorted colors Assorted Foal, endometriosis, IVF, and other forms of fertility treatment.
The emotional aspects of infertility are just as challenging as the medical aspects, and Creating a Family has extensive resources to help those struggling with infertility cope with this disease.
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, includes extensive resources, including archived radio show/podcasts, blogs, fact sheets, research summaries, videos, and Expert Q&As in our Infertility Resource Guide:
- GJRChuishuiji Pet Grooming Hair Dryer Blaster Dryer for Cat Dog Stepless Speed High Power 2800W Low Noise Blower Heater Pet Bathing Accessories with Stand Fur Hairdryer
- Jebao Jecod Submerged DCT Series Marine Controllerable Water Pump for Reef Tank Skimmer Replce DC6000, DC3000 (DCT4000)
- L KTYX Kennel Summer Dog House Bed Washable Pet Cat Litter Teddy Bear Bear Dog Pad Small Dog Pet Supplies Seasons Nest Pet Bed (Size L)
- Leonberger Lekven Design Dog Plate 19.5 cm 7.61 inches Made in Denmark NEW with certificate of origin PLATE 7408
- NCAA Duke bluee Devils Collegiate Cotton Lycra Hooded Dog Shirt
- Pet Nest，Thickening Washable Cushion Pet Dog Cat Bed Sofa Nest Soft Cotton Dog Warm Kennel Bed House Pet Mats Cushion 3 color & 3 Size (color Yellow, Size S)
- Coffee XXL coffee XXL CLOTHES Thick Men's Cotton Suit, Western Warm Men's Cotton Coat Tide, Winter Coat Men
- QUD Cat litter, kennel Teddy bear small and medium dog pet supplies kennel (color C, Size 58 58cm)
- LIBERTA SIAM BUDGIE CANARY FINCH BLACK BIRD CAGE WITH C1 STAND
- Buckle-Down DLS-W30487 Leash Splitter-Drop Bass NOT Bombs Black bluee Yellow Purple Green, 1 W-30 L
- Lh Dog Car Seat Cover Waterproof Scratch Proof Non-slip Back Seat Pet Carrier Predection Dog Travel Hammock For All Cars 130cm x 145cm
- Bc-elec 5663-0015Agrey Grey 3-Wheeled pet Stroller
- A Aoligei PU Handbag Portable Dog Bag cat cage, 40cm27cm17.5cm
- Pet Outing Package Cat Bag Dog Bag Dog Backpack Outgoing Portable Dog Bag Cat Cage Outdoor Pet Supplies (color RED, Size 40 25 30cm)
- B xxs-4531cm B xxs-4531cm Lozse Pet Beds Kennel Pet Supplies Pet litter dog bed dog mat cat litter Cotton for Dogs and Cats Sleeping Cushion
- C Medium C Medium B&F Kennel, 2 In 1 Dog House Large Dog Winter Warm Washable Mattress House Pet Supplies Cat Caves (color C, Size M)
- Embryo Donation/Adoption
- Electric redating Butterfly Interactive Cat Toy with Two Replacement Flashing Butterflies Kitten Toys
- Finding an Infertility Doctor or Clinic
- B S B S JiaJia- Pet Bed Kennel Teddy VIP Cat Small Dog Bed Pet Supplies Indoor Foldable wear-Resistant bite-Resistant pet nest Kitten Puppy pet nest (color B, Size S)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- L Owl pet soft cute lotiform shape cats dogs pet bed with removable washable mattress, Premium Oxford fiber, small to large, 11 unique patterns (cyan + pop pink star, L)
- CPC Classic 35-Inch Twill Bolster Bed with Contrast Cording, Khaki
- 6ft x 4ft Outsunny Clear Polycarbonate Greenhouse Large Walk-In Green House Garden Plants Grow Galvanized Base Aluminium Frame w Slide Door (6ft x 4ft)
- Coping with Infertility Grief
- Dean & Tyler DT Fun Search Dog Harness with Reflective Trim, XX-Small, orange
- Surviving the Holiday & Family Gatherings with Infertility
- Talking with Kids about Donor Egg, Sperm, Embryo & Surrogacy
- Kess InHouse Nina May Peachy Nava Fleece Dog Bed, 50 by 60 , orange Tribal
- Egg Freezing/ Oocyte Cyropreservation
- Fits for 24 inch (60cm) dog's neck size FDT Artisan 24 inch Lucky Star Handmade Designer Tan Leather Dog Collar with Round Plates 1 1 2 inch (40 cm) Wide Gift Box Included
- Insurance Coverage for Fertility Treatment, Egg Donation, Surrogacy
- Parenting After Infertility
Dogswell Happy Hips Dog 12 Pack Duck Can Food nfxyna5538-Food
Buckle-Down Jacko'Lantern s bluee Dog Collar Bone, Wide Small 13-18
It is possible to adopt a baby in the US. Kess InHouse EBI Emporium C'est La Vie Revisited Pet Bowl, 7-Inch, bluee Aqua, the cost of adoption, how to prepare an adoptive parent profile, how to assess risk factors, such as prenatal alcohol and drug exposure and mental health issues with birth parents and expectant parents, and how to select an adoption agency or adoption attorney.
Brown 2555127cm Brown 2555127cm Cat trees Cat climbing cat toy cat rack cat litter four seasons universal cat house cat house
Many infertility patients will need to use IVF to get pregnant. Kess InHouse Famenxt Watermelon Arrows and colors Red orange Fleece Dog Bed, 30 by 40 , how to select a fertility clinic, cost of infertility treatment an IVF, how to save money on fertility treatment, and what is the usual IVF procedure.
Many children are available for adoption in US foster care system. Creating a Family provides resources on foster care adoption, including the different ways to adopt from foster care, how to choose an adoption agency, the cost of adopting from foster care, how to negotiate for an adoption subsidy, and how to assess risk factors for children being adopted or fostered from foster care.
Lozse Pet Beds Cat Nest warm Kennel pet Nest cat Mat for Dogs and Cats Sleeping Cushion
Infertility is a painful and often lonely journey. People often do not understand the loss of miscarriage and do not know what to say or how to offer support. Creating a Family provides information and support for infertility grief, surviving the emotions of infertility, miscarriage, and trying to conceive.
L Aquarium Reptile Tank Turtle Frogs Leaf Terrace Turtles Platform Sun Roof Decor Turtle Accessories Turtle Hammock Fish Plant Leaf Pad for Reptile Aquariums Flat Roof (L)
It is possible to adopt from abroad. Many countries have international adoption programs allowing Americans to adopt. Creating a Family provides resources on how to adopt internationally from a foreign country, the cost of international adoption, how to prepare a dossier, how to find an international adoption agency, how to choose a country, how to assess risk factors in children available for adoption, issues to consider when adopting a toddler or older child, and much more. Creating a Family also has the most extensive KESS InHouse Kess Original Monogram Chevron Red Letter X Feeding Mat for Pet Bowl, 18 by 13-Inch allowing adoptive parents to compare the top placing countries to the US for 25 factors they should consider when choosing a country to adopt from.
2 756835cm 2 756835cm OrderSoil Teddy Kennel Removable And Washable Four Seasons Universal Pet Mat Large Medium Small Dog Winter Warmth Supplies
It is amazing how little good information is available on recurrent miscarriages. This is partly because there is no medical specialty in miscarriage prevention and treatment.
The good news is that recent advances in chromosomal testing of embryos and miscarried fetuses are helping prevent more miscarriages. In the meantime, the following statistic should give you some peace: 70% of woman that have had up to four miscarriages will successfully carry a baby to term.
Check out the Creating a Family blogroll of bloggers who talk about JINLINE Dog Wheelchair Exercise Bike Dog Scooter Disabled Dog Assisted Hind Leg Movement Pet car seat.
Two great places to begin to understand the causes, treatments, and coping with recurrent pregnancy loss are these Creating a Family radio shows with interviews with leading doctors and therapists.
- 70x55x15cm Mzdpp Brown Corduroy Pet Bed Detachable And Washable Predection Neck Cat And Dog Small-X Large 70 55 15Cm (1 hour radio show with experts)
- Buckle-Down DLS-W30635-W Fleur Leash Splitter, 1.5 Wide 30 Length
Grey-Black Medium Grey-Black Medium FuzzBall Fluffy Luxe Pet Bed (Medium, Black)
Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support nonprofit, has a list of the Best of the Best Books for those suffering from infertility. We a review of each book and cover the following topics:
- Brown xl Brown xl Tootsie Roll Dog Costume X-Large
- KESS InHouse Li Zamperini Turquoise Mandala Art bluee Aqua Dog Bed, 50 x 40
- 7\ KESS InHouse Dawid Roc Inspired by Psychedelic Art 4 orange Abstract Pet Bowl, 7
- Books for Children Conceived through Sperm Donation
- Kess InHouse Maynard Logan The Grid Pet Bowl, 7-Inch
- Books for Adults – Good Reads
- 5oz K9 Natural Freeze Dried Topper Puppy Beef and Hoki 5oz
- Books About Understanding Infertility Treatment Options
- Karlie Bunny Sports Hopp Wooden Jump, Train High And Long Jumps, 90x40 60cm
- Arrow RENAULT KANGOO 97-07 SLOPED ESTATE 4x4 CAR DOG CAGE TRAVEL CRATE PUPPY BOOT GUARD CAGES
- Books about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- HV POLO Carman GP Saddle Pad
bluee Weaver Leather Economy Saddle Pad
Creating a Family has an extensive list of adoption related books for kids broken out by type of adoption and age of the child. We also have a book list for adoptive parents.
- Adoption Books for Parents
- color04 93W x 70L Inch color04 93W x 70L Inch Kidscool tapestrytapestry for wallFunny Fish Aquaic Motif 93W x 70L Inch
- bluee Pet Teepee Dog Cat Bed,Portable Folding Pet Tent House Dog Cat Playing Bed Mat Waterproof Kennel Bed for Small Medium Dogs Outdoor Supplies Pink
- Books for Kids Adopted from Foster Care
- Books for Kids Adopted from Korea
- Castle 6.5 x4.5 x6 Aquarium Ornament Decor resin Fort Bunker house Building
- Books for Kids Adopted from Russia/Eastern & Central Europe
- Electronic Mosquito KillerBug Zapper USB Powered Insect Killer Non-Toxic UV LED Mosquito Trap Lamp Predection Super Silent Suitable for Pregnant
- Black X-Small Black X-Small Pet Bed Padded Pet Bolster Bed with Removable and Washable Cover, Waterproof and Dirt Resistant, Non-Sticky for Dogs and Cats
- Books for Older Adoptive Parents
Beige Universal Beige Universal Kurgo Water Resistant Stowe Hammock and Car Seat Cover for Dogs
Creating a Family has comparison charts to help prospective adoptive parents decide on which foreign country they should adopt from. We analyze 25 factors we think parents should consider before choosing a country for international adoption.
- Aquarium Fish Tank Simulated Manmade Aquatic Water Plant Grass Decor Ornament Multicolor
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From China
- Herringbone Grey, Medium Dog Crate Mat. Indoor Outdoor Herringbone Pet Cooling Dog Crate Mat Pad Reversible Two Different Design Water and Weather Resistant (Herringbone Grey, Medium)
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From India
- 25 Factors to Consider When Adopting From Latvia
- BYCWS Pet Clean Tool Set, Dog Cat Litter Scoop or Small Animal Cleaning Brush Litter Box Shovel Brush Pet Cleaning Supplies (4PCS)
- KESS InHouse Famenxt Culture Cut Boho Mandala Pink Ilustration Dog Bed, 30 x 40 Options
FurHaven Pet Dog Bed Orthopedic Quilted Sofa-Style Couch Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats, Toasted Brown, Medium
One of the reasons that the pain of infertility is so hard to deal with is that it is often unrecognized by our society. Therapist and scholars have a name for this type of grief: disenfranchised grief or ambiguous grief.
The lack of recognition for the loss makes it easy to feel that you aren’t entitled to mourn, but mourning is crucial to healing. It is hard to grieve a dream and harder still when others don’t even see that there is a loss.
You do not have to cope with the pain and grief of infertility alone. Many people have been helped by counselors, but it is especially helpful if the therapist is trained in the realities of infertility.
- Creating a Family has done a number of shows that include a discussion of how to find a good therapist that is knowledgeable about infertility issues. Listen to a few, such as D DOLITY Wooden Household Pet Gerbil Rat Hole Sand Dwarf Hamsters Bathroom Toy 2-Path, Coping with Infertility, and Aquarium Aeration System; Featuring Two Bubble-Bubba Micro-Bubble diffusers Model BBWP by Bubblemac.
- Ask your infertility clinic if they have mental health professionals on staff or can recommend one.
- The American Society of Reproductive Medicine lists members that are mental health professionals.
7881.9cm Dog Gate Indoor Pet Barrier, Expandable to 169.9CM, Walk Through Swinging Door, Extra Wide, Walls, Stairs. Small and Large DogsBest Dog Gate,7881.9cm
Every adoptive parent expects that after working so hard to become a parent, they will feel nothing but joy and thankfulness at the gift that is their child. More often these feelings of joy are mixed with feelings of being overwhelmed and worry about not “falling madly in love at first sight”. Throw in the exhaustion of any major life change, and you have the makings for post adoption depression.
We have seen no research on how many adoptive parents experience post adoption depression, but anecdotally from our post adoption support group, we believe that it occurs more often when:
- Parents have unrealistic expectations of what the transition period will be like.
- Parents do not have people with whom to confide their fears and concerns.
If you are struggling post adoption, you are not alone . This is not a reflection on you, or your child, or your eventual adjustment. Talk with your adoption social worker. She will not judge, and she can help.
DIYthinker Animal Big Circle Elephant Anti-Slip Floor Pet Mat Square Home Kitchen Door 80Cm Gift
Creating a Family is the national adoption & infertility education nonprofit. Our mission is to provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out our Five Core Values that we use to guide every decision. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, and you can check out our financials and IRS Form 990 at GuideStar.
Katie's Bumpers HH13 Gralen The Bottle Tracker Dog Toy
Creating a Family has the most extensive and diverse collection of resources for those struggling with infertility and for pre and post adoptive families. We are constantly creating more resources and average adding four new resources every week. Since 2007 we also have our weekly radio show where we interview the top experts on every aspect of adoption, adoptive parenting, and infertility. For those folks that want one on one education to get help with a specific decision, we can do that as well through our Individual Education option. While education is important to helping you make decisions on this often painful and confusing journey to creating a family, support is equally important. We have created an incredibly strong online support network via a private Facebook group, Pinterest, and Twitter. Our mantra is ‘Information is Power’. We aren’t promoting one way of family building over another. We trust that with the right information, every family will find their right path to parenthood. We’ll freely admit that we would love for every child in this world to have a family. We would especially love to help find homes for older kids and kids with special needs, but we know that this is not the right decision for every family, and our goal to help every family find their right path to parenthood.
Black Pet Trolley Case, Multi-Function Removable Extended Folding Spacious Tear-Resistant Pet Outing Backpack Rolling Trolley Case, Pet Supplies,Black
Creating a Family uphold these core values in our work. They represent what we believe in, what we stand for, and how we approach everything we do.
- There is no “best way” to create your family.
- With education and support families will be able to choose the best way for them.
- Our education and support will be unbiased and accurate.
- It is in a child’s best interest to have parents that are educated and supported before, during and after infertility treatment or adoption.
- We will attempt to bridge the gap between the academic and research communities and the infertility patient community and the adoptive parent and adoption professional community by making research findings available and offering researchers access to our audience to publicize their studies and solicit participants.
Bit of Bragging
Of course we’re proud of what we do, but what matters most is what our audience has to say. Here’s a sampling:
Creating a Family and in particular your radio show has been a lifeline to me over the past 2+ years. In the privacy of my home/car I have been connected with others whose family-building has been challenged and I have had access to invaluable information from experts that have helped us make better decisions. Thank you! ~ S. Potter
I wanted to thank you for all of the wonderful things you do. We brought our beautiful baby boy home from the hospital on April 2nd. While we waited for an adoption match and then waited for his birth, your podcast and website were a continuous reminder that we were part of an amazing adoption community. It really helped us not feel alone. ~Sarah S.
I just felt like I should say Thank You this morning! Your website and e-mails have consistently been a “touch stone” for me through this whole process – sometimes reaffirming what I already believe, sometimes giving me a different perspective, but always being something that I can respect and learn from. Thank you for this!!! ~ L. Adams
Creating a Family has made a big difference to the quality of information that we can share with our adoptive community. We sometimes use your podcasts as the basis for roundtable discussions or our monthly Parent Support Meetings. ~ Louise Garnaut (Adoptive Families of Hong Kong)
Bit of History
Creating a Family started in 2007 as a labor of love. We saw the huge need for unbiased accurate information online about infertility and adoption. We knew people were getting most of their “education” online, but much of what was available was inaccurate junk, slanted towards one form of family building or one type of adoption over another, or was being provided by for profit organizations that were anything but unbiased. We knew that in order to educate and support, we needed to be where the folks were, so we readily embraced all forms of online media (audio, video, social networks), but set out to be the anti-junk and the anti-bias.
Dawn Davenport is Executive Director of Creating a Family, and the “Official Voice” of Creating a Family since she also hosts of our weekly national radio show and is a frequent speaker at conferences. (We try to not let that title go to her head.) We also are proudly led by a terrific Board. You can check out their bona fides if you’re so inclined.
Dawn Davenport, Executive Director Our Board
We have some of the best, brightest, and most dedicated folks helping out around here to help us provide support and unbiased information before, during and after adoption or fertility treatment to help create strong families. Check out their pretty/handsome faces and a bit about them. Our Staff